In 1936 when the Methodist congregation moved from the old Chapel (now ’Secret Seaview’) in the lower part of the village, they converted a manor house into their place of worship. This left much of the building empty and in 1987 work commenced to convert the upper rooms into holiday flats. Upgrading has continued and these days they provide 4 comfortable flats with modern kitchens and bathrooms, tv, wi-fi and free parking.
These flats are available all year round. We understand people have different needs and we aim to provide both a place for quiet contemplation as well as a base for exploring the beautiful area around us, be it seas or moors.
We welcome enquiries from organised groups wishing to discuss exclusive use of the holiday accommodation for conferences, retreats, fellowship holidays etc. We have a number of other facilities available such as lounge, kitchen, projector, sound and loop system which can be made available.
The building is situated at the end of a quiet private road (owned by us) and has it’s own car parking.
Bus stops to both Whitby and Scarborough are situated close to the end of the road on Thorpe Lane.
In common with other holiday premises a no-smoking policy is in operation throughout the building.
We are unable to accept pets.